Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Once upon a time...

Once upon a time, in a faraway land—okay, enough of that!  This blog won’t be a series of fairy tales.  My life has never been a fairy tale so there isn’t one to tell.  WAIT!  ...before you go running off with the impression that this is going to be an overly dramatic, soul-sucking blog, take a chance and trust me when I say, it’s not.  I’m not that person either.  I know what you’re thinking (creepy, right??), “so who are you then??”.  Great question!  I have a much better answer to that question than I ever have before...

I am...

PASSIONATE.  When I have an opinion about something, everyone knows it.  On the other side of the coin, apathy is my worst enemy.  I’m a native New Yorker and also Italian... it comes with the territory!

OBSERVANT.  I’ve always been interested in how people think, why they make certain decisions and what motivates them.  Basically that equates to me being an avid people watcher for as long as I can remember.  Then I went to college, took some psych courses and learned the names for social phenomenon’s I’ve always had a hunch about.

LAID BACK.  Seems contradictory that someone who is so passionate can also be laid back... I assure you it’s possible.  I learned a long time ago that the small things in life aren’t worth stressing over!  Especially the things beyond your control like a cancelled flight, bad service in a restaurant or a long line for a rollercoaster.  Chill out people!

POSITIVE.  Almost all the time, I'll see the positive side of a situation or cirumstance.  I can't go through life with a black cloud over my head and let tragic or frustrating events take over my life.  I am very rarely a person who feels or acts defeated, victimized or helpless.  I am a firm believer that whether you say you can or you can't, you're right!  Create your own path and determine your own destiny and attitude by accepting the consequences of your choices and moving through life with your head held high.

A FRIEND.  I take great pride in the fact that for as long as I can remember, everyone has come to me for everything... even when I was probably too young to be listening to adults talk about the things they chose to share with me.  I also take great pride in not being the sugar-coating, bright-side-of-the-moon friend.  If you ask my opinion and I am close enough to you, I am going to give you an honest, blunt opinion... even if it may be hard for you to hear.  True friends will always do you this courtesy.

I’ve been wanting to blog for a long time.  Well, I’ve wanted to write and share my ideas, perspectives and life experience for a long time.  Blogging is the modern day solution since I’ll probably never get around to writing the proverbial book.

I’ve experienced a lot of life, learned a lot about people and have discovered how to find true happiness and satisfaction in life...

Welcome to my blog and to my brain... wear a helmet, and laugh at life along with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment